It’s St David’s Day again–time to celebrate all things Welsh, and time for a new recipe using leeks! This one can use virtually all leftover bits and bobs, or can be made fresh. Just add the necessary time to bake potatoes. Caerphilly cheese is also a Welsh speciality, so if you can get it in your area, do give it a try.
|1 1/2||Cold leftover jacket (baked) potatoes|
|1 cup||Steamed chopped leeks|
|About an ounce||Shredded smoked Caerphilly (or other Gouda type) cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/gas mark 4.
- Cut cold potatoes in half lengthways. Scoop out most of the potato, leaving only enough to help the skins hold a potato shape (your ‘boats’).
- Mash the potato insides and heat gently with butter.
- Stir in hot leeks and ginger.
- Divide the mixture between the three potato ‘boats’ and stuff gently.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until heated through and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.