This is a quick and easy leftovers dish, and it’s a good way to use up funny shaped pieces and bitty bits of leftover meat.
|A few ounces||Leftover roast beef|
|1 tablespoon||Finely chopped ginger root (optional)|
|1 small||Hot pepper (optional), cut into slivers|
|1 tablespoon||Jelly, jam or sweet/sour sauce|
- Chop leek up very small. Steam (with optional ginger) to half-cooked. Set aside.
- Cut leftover beef into small strips, including any fat.
- Quickly render down some fatty pieces in medium sized frying pan.
- Flash fry beef strips (and optional hot pepper), just to heat through and add a little colour.
- Add leeks for the last minute of cooking.
- Stir through the jelly for a light dressing. (If using the zingy optional ingredients, make sure this is a really sweet one, for balance.)
Serve with rice.